TOPIx Privacy Statement
Information About Our Organisation and Website
Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx is a technical resources website owned and maintained by Jaguar Land Rover committed to providing the most reliable technical information available. This Privacy Statement describes the way that this website collects and handles the personal and non-personal information. Personal data includes information that is particular to you such as street address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Non-personal information includes tracking the site pages that you visit or the amount of time you spend on our site. This is collected as non-personal information, which means that we do not track these items on an individual basis that identifies you, but rather accumulate this info on an aggregate basis that includes all site visitors.
This Statement will also tell you how you can verify the accuracy of your personal information submitted to us through this website and how you can request that we delete or update your personal information. This statement describes the measures in place to ensure that your information is secure.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at 0500 110130
Jaguar Land Rover Ltd. applies the privacy rules prevailing in the United Kingdom for services provided or based here. To the extent required by the domestic laws of subscribers and users home country Jaguar Land Rover will conform to such matters as are compulsory in that market. Communications from subscribers and users in such markets may be addressed to the local Jaguar Land Rover subsidiary company (if any) and will be dealt with in accordance with such local compulsory requirements.
What Personal Information is Collected
We ask you to provide minimal personal information on the registration form and the data is stored in a secure encrypted form in our computer database.
This information includes such data as your name, company, company address, and e-mail address. We also ask you to nominate a user name and password to identify yourself on the website.
Why we use this information:
· To ensure the users are actual service technicians or interested visitors looking at free information.
· To send you relevant information about products and services.
· To e-mail you from time to time about promotions or products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
When you buy a subscription to the website, we will temporarily hold your credit card details in an encrypted form in our database whilst waiting for confirmation of payment. Once we have had confirmation of payment the credit card details are deleted.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
This website has a page that displays your details of your user profile. Once you are logged on you are able to go to this page and update the information held in the database.
Other Information Collected During Your Visit to Our Website
Whenever you browse this website, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site. This information does not identify you personally, it just tells us how many people visit our website and the types of computers used with this information; we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you.
The information includes the following:
· The date, time and duration of a visit to our website.
· How many and which pages you visit during a visit to our website.
· Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as www.aol.com or your place of work e.g. www.bbc.co.uk) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
· The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 7).
· The site you were on before you linked to this Jaguar Land Rover website (e.g. Yahoo, if you found us using a search engine).
· In the US, we are required to provide a summary of this type of information to the US Environmental Protection Agency and Californian Air Resource Board. This is to satisfy the authorities that our website is available and meets the needs of the Independent Motor Traders.
Use of Pixel Tags (Clear Gifs)
Our website uses Pixel Tags to optimize the screen layout. They are not used to obtain user specific information.
A Pixel Tag can collect information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appear, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the pixel tag appears, the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag, and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use 'format sensing' technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
Protection of E-mail Addresses
Your e-mail address is used for the following purposes:
· Replying to you in response to an e-mail from you.
· Reminding you of your password.
· Sending you confirmation of your subscription.
· Reminding you that your subscription will expire shortly.
· Sending you information about the website and related activities.
Session logs – What they are and How We Use Them
When you visit any website, the server housing the pages automatically generates a 'session log'. These logs provide the site owners with information about the pages you visit or information you request. The only data gathered is the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you came, the website that referred you (if any), the pages you visited and the date and time of those visits. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we're providing is being used.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information collected on the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website may be used to:
· Fulfil and deliver an order for goods or services such as a service publication subscription.
· Respond to your comments or requests for information.
· To make the user experience more customer friendly.
· Contact you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services.
· Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services.
· Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database and may be used for marketing and other purposes.
Non-Personally identifiable information collected on the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website may be used to:
· Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features.
· Measure website activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs.
The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website utilises session log data and your personal and non-personal data for the purpose of performing analytics on the users' experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
· Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally.
· Involves the use of a third party vendor acting on behalf of the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website.
· Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience.
· May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other Jaguar Land Rover websites or to track other events within or across this and other Jaguar Land Rover websites.
· Any information that is provided to the third party vendor is to be used only for the purpose of performing the analytics and compiling reports of the data. The third party vendor is restricted from using this data in any other way other than to provide these services to Jaguar Land Rover and they may not share or resell this data.
Sharing Your Information
The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website does not sell, rent, share or otherwise provide any of your personally identifiable information to anyone other than for site analytics as described above and to process your credit card transaction.
Personal information that you provide to us in the course of requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases and be used for purposes of contacting you for things like promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from this website or other Jaguar Land Rover websites.
We may share personal information that we collect about you with other companies within the Jaguar Land Rover family of companies or subsidiaries. Our 'family of companies' is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this 'family' as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers.
The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website will not disclose your personal information, without notice, unless permitted to do so by law.
Site metrics for the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website may be shared with other Jaguar Land Rover websites or subsidiaries or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information
If you have submitted personal information to the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website, or if someone else has submitted your personal information to the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website, or if we have collected personally identifiable information on you through the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website in some other fashion, you can access this information by logging into the site and choosing 'update profile' in the menu. You may also correct or update your information there. The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website will use reasonable efforts to supply you with the information you have requested.
We maintain credit/debit card/procurement card information only until payment for your order is processed.
The scope of access available for this request is for information stored in the database that holds the data for the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website. Any personal information that has been collected from you on other Company websites will not be accessible or changeable through the processing of this request.
Security of Your Information
Safeguarding information of visitors to our website is important to us. When you send personal information such as credit card numbers or telephone numbers to the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website, we use "Secure Socket Layers" or SSL to protect your data. SSL is encryption technology that helps safeguard your personal information against misuse by unauthorized individuals.
Links to Other Sites
The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website provides links to websites operated by our partners. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of sites to which you are linked so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content or data-handling practices on other websites.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this privacy statement for the Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website or have any questions regarding the contents of this website, please contact First Option at our Dealer Helpdesk:
Jaguar 01962 738295 or 0845 4601012 (all UK numbers)
Land Rover 01962 738365 or 0845 2301714 or 0500 110130 (all UK numbers)
The Jaguar Land Rover TOPIx website will be happy to respond to your questions and comments via e-mail within two business days.